- Beyoncé and Jay-Z's First Everything Is Love Music Video is a Powerful Subversion of White Spaces -- NBC News/THINK
- On Darnell Moore's No Ashes in the Fire -- INTO
- Lady Gaga & the Problem(s) with "Non-Racist" White People -- Huffington Post
- Trump's Weaponized Base is Going After Academics -- The Establishment
- Janet Mock’s New Memoir is a Radical Reimagining of the Coming-Of-Age Narrative -- Quartz
- "Beyoncé" entry in The American Middle Class: an Economic Encyclopedia of Progress & Poverty (ABL-CIO)
- Beyoncé's Pregnancy Announcement was the Coded Political Act We Need to Kick Off Black History Month -- Quartz
- Frank Ocean's Queer Revolution -- Salon
- When Representation Mattered -- Huffington Post
- White People Need to Talk About Beyoncé's Lemonade -- Huffington Post
- "You're #noangel either...:" Uneasy Politics and Dissonant Sonics in Beyoncé's "No Angel" -- Sounding Out!
- Why I Offer a University Course on Beyoncé -- The Conversation
- "Schoolin' Life:" Teaching Beyoncé and Engaging Youth -- The Feminist Wire
Kevin writes on his (ongoing) experience with free speech, academic freedom, and various law enforcement organizations in the aftermath of a conservative student's lies to police about his teaching. Follow the story as it continues to unfold on Medium!